Monday, May 4, 2015

Introduction

This is my very first blog and it contains all of the work I have done in my 2015 spring semester in Dr.Wielgos' College Writing 2 class.  Even before this class began in January, I was already dreading it. This dread was caused by my previous experience in College Writing 1. I came to be pleasantly surprised at how much different this class was than my College Writing 1 course. I guess the teaching style makes a huge difference. I never had blogged before in my life until this class because I thought it was pointless but this class has changed my perspective on that. I am not going to lie and say I will start a blog but I have a new found appreciation I did not have before.  As a young adult in a generation ruled by technology I kind of have to since multimedia is taking over. This thought is what lead me to coming up with the idea for my first project, which was on technology.  At the beginning of the semester we were told to try and pick a topic to carry on throughout the end of the semester. I was in a state of panic because I knew I was not going to be able to ride the technology idea the whole semester because it was a spur of the moment idea. I was right, although my first project was on technology my research synthesis is on fast food and obesity. There is a link between the two but I chose them separately. If I could go back I would probably do the photo essay on something related to obesity but I still enjoyed doing my project on technology. 
I believe my writing skills or lack there of actually developed this semester. I feel I finally transitioned from high school level papers to college level in college writing 2. It might have been a semester late but better late than never. In this portfolio, there is all the written assignments, purpose statements, design plans, some class work, and reflections for those papers. I decided to put them in the order we did them in class so hopefully the audience can see my writing develop with every paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment